Denali - "The Great One" Courtesy of Geri Benshoof - Beta Chapter
Coming soon... a new webmaster
Meet Katie Kennedy,
a member of Beta Chapter. DKG Alaska
Katie Kennedy is currently serving as the First Vice President of the Beta Chapter. Katie has both formal and informal teaching experience. She taught at Nenana City Public School, where she had students from grades 1-12 in her classroom each day. Katie also served for many years as the Alaska Geographic Alliance Coordinator, as part of her role as a K-12 Geography Outreach professional.
THE US Forum announces a special workshop on May 9, 2023
“Our Schools, Our Responsibility, Our Democracy:”
A Conversation with Author, Educator Sarah Stitzlein
For more information, click here
To All Friends of the Curriculum of Hope,
This edition of A Curriculum of Hope for a Peaceful World Newsletter focuses on self-care.
- Time is irrelevant. It’s what we do with it that matters.
-Begin to give away “stuff” that you have saved.
- Your choices – Fix it, Recycle it, Put it away, Give it away or Throw it away.
-Stop buying things you do not need.
- Be good to yourself.
- You are in charge of yourself.
- Manage Self-Care and you will manage stress, be more productive, and have more
- Declutter – Our mind, especially from anxiety from worrying.
- There is hope for the future, but you have to stay positive, kind, grateful, and use every day to make others happy.
- Give kids hope about climate change.
- Shout out with Hope For Peace – What does a positive peaceful world look like?
- Monthly Activity Calendar Suggestions
- Subscription Form.
Be sure to click on the Links that are part of most articles. They open up to a world of pertinent information. Some offer lesson plans and handouts. Be ready to spend a good deal of time reading.
Please enjoy our words and ideas.
Linda Shea (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A Curriculum of Hope for a Peaceful World Newsletter
Editor's note - Thank you Linda!
The DKG Alaska State Organization
Convention was held Saturday, April 22, 2023, remotely 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Alaska Daylight Time
Click here for Minutes
Alaska State Organization Members-
Have you signed your
'permission to publish' form yet?
You can download it here.